General Education Policies for Students
Mission Statement of Valuation Education
Our mission is to provide valuation professionals with focused education about legal, regulatory and risk issues. We strive to offer education that is interesting, useful and affordable. Our educational offerings are designed by attorney Peter Christensen and based on real world lawsuits and situations.
Valuation Education is affiliated with LIA Administrators & Insurance Services, which provides professional liability insurance to more than 15,000 valuation professionals and firms.
Appraiser Continuing Education Approvals
You are welcome to take our courses regardless of whether you are seeking continuing education credit hours. However, if you are seeking official education credit, please be sure that credit is currently available in your state(s) of licensure for the course you wish to take. This information will be displayed in the Course Orientation for each course.
Our courses are taught by attorney Peter Christensen. Peter maintains a law practice focused on assisting clients with legal and regulatory matters concerning real estate valuation and litigation. His clients include appraisers and valuation firms, as well as technology companies and investors.
He also directs risk management education for LIA Administrators & Insurance Services, which provides professional liability insurance to more than 15,000 individual real estate appraisers and firms.
Learning Method in Courses
Our courses use a mastery-based learning method which divides the course content into chapters or segments. Students show mastery of the content by successfully completing short quizzes after each chapter or segment. Students are given automated feedback for incorrect quiz responses before they move on to the next learning content.
Please contact us if you have course content or technical questions. Our office is open Monday through Friday (except regular holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time. If you call or email, we will respond as quickly as we can, and our objective is to respond to all inquiries no later than the end of the next business day.
Questions about content or access:
Technical Requirements for Accessing Our Courses
Our courses are accessed in a cloud-based learning platform. A student needs a desktop or laptop computer with one of the up-to-date internet browsers listed below and needs internet access supplied by cable modem, DSL, T-1 or a similar connection with sufficient speed to view YouTube-type videos. A student may access the course at any time of day.
The learning platform supports the following internet browsers:
- Google Chrome – latest two versions
- Mozilla Firefox – latest two versions
- Apple Safari – latest version
- Microsoft Internet Explorer – 9 and higher (for optimal Internet Explorer experience, please use the latest version of Edge, if possible)
Other and older browsers can still be used, but some features may not look or work as intended. We recommend that you use a current version of one of the above browsers.
Accessibility – Americans with Disabilities Act
We want students to have access to our courses regardless of disability and we will make reasonable accommodations to assist students with disabilities in taking the course. Students with visual impairments may enlarge the viewed content and/or listen to the audio in the videotaped segments of the course and may use a reader or assistant for the purpose of completing the quizzes, or call us for assistance. Students with hearing impairments may follow the video segment presentations by using the written course transcript available to students in the learning platform. It contains a complete text of the video segments. Please contact us if there are further ways that we can accommodate a disability.
General Course Policies
- Course Fee. The course fee charged for enrollment in each course is shown on the Course Orientation document for each course on www.valuationeducation.com. That is the only fee charged for the course, and there are no other materials that must be purchased to take any course or receive credit.
- Time for Completion. Students have 90 days after registration to complete the course at their own pace before their online access expires. However, if students need more time for any reason (including illness), they may email the instructor. When requested, we will extend the time to complete the course by an additional 90 days.
- Refunds. Students may obtain a full refund of the course fee for any reason during the initial 90-day access period, if they have not completed the course beyond the chapter 1 quiz. Refunds will be issued by check within 30 days of a proper request. Students found to be cheating or committing fraud in the course are not eligible for any refunds.
- Attestation of Student Identity. When logging into a course and at the time of completion, students are required to attest to their identity and that they personally have completed all elements of the course.
- Cheating or Fraud. Any cheating or fraud with respect to student identity or other aspects of a course will be reported to applicable state appraiser licensing and certifying agencies. Such students will not receive course credit or a refund.
- Course Evaluation. At the end of each course, there is an online evaluation form. A course is not considered complete until the course evaluation has been completed.
- Completion of Entire Course Required for Credit. Students must complete the entire course to receive education credit. There is no partial credit.
- Student Assistance. Students are encouraged to seek help from the instructor when necessary to improve their learning. Contact information is provided to students in this orientation and in the learning platform.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy
Valuation Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students and staff.